Posts Tagged ‘Tea’
I received several wonderful birthday presents last month, but the picture below, lovingly drawn by ABJ, is one of my absolute favourites. A Where’s Wally?-style teacup suits me to a, well, um, T!
Well, I finally submitted my nominations for the SA Blog Awards 2009, and hope you all have too, or will shortly, because the deadline is tomorrow! Actually, just checked, and the deadline has been extended to March 18 (that´s Wednesday), but still, time is running out…
Personally, I realised I didn´t have the heart to leave Mahendra out in the cold (imagine what fun he could have chosing a tie to wear to the awards ceremony!), so nominated this post for post of the year, because it still makes me laugh every time I read it…
Oh, about the nominating process – there are a whole lot of rules, which I didn´t explain properly previously. So you can click on this link if you´re confused. The main rule is that you have to nominate at least three different blogs. You can submite your nomination without doing so, but it will be disqualified. So please ensure you´ve fulfilled this criterion. Okay, I´ll stop droning on about the blog awards now, and talk about something else…
Decided to close my poll, cos pretty sure eveyone who has wanted to vote has done so by now.
So, what should my name be?
1.Tea or Téa (32%)
2. Trinks or Trinx (21%)
3. Trinklebean (18%)
4. Trinny (13%)
5. Theresa (8%)
6. Other (5%)
7. Tree or Trees (3%)
None of the other options garnered any votes, although I realise I left of “Tresa and Tresie”, so who knows if those options are popular or not. Thirty-eight votes, so not a bad turnout!
And what do I think of the results? Actually: “You can call me anything you like, as long as you don´t call me late for breakfast”. My grandpim always used to say this when I was growing up. I was never quite sure if this was simply a statement concerning his punctual nature, or if there was some latent deeper meaning.
I´d like to go on record as saying I´m a fan of the new facebook layout. How do you guys feel about it?
Talking of Facebook, I have decided to maintain the original group for people interested in my blog, which is called Liech, life, and everything else. Join this group if you´d like to receive a message every time I update my blog. However, I´ve also started a Trinny in Dubai fan page. Become a fan if you´d like to get an update about my blog activity once a week or so. If you want to be part of both groups, it´s not my fault if you complain of information overload! If you don´t do Facebook, then you can subscribe to my blog by clicking on the subscribe by email link on the righthand-side of the screen. Otherwise, you can find me on Twitter.
12.23 pm on 9.3. 2009
Does that sound like an auspicious time and date to you? It doesn´t, particularly, to me but, in the tradition of Zeno, it marks the occasion of my “last cigarette” – for a month at least.
Why quit now, rather than when I´m 30, as has long been my intention? Well, I´m participating in a health and fitness feature for one of my company´s magazines. Hopefully, the prospect of a bollocking from my friends and colleagues if I let them, and myself, down will keep me motivated (haha). Not only am I not smoking for four weeks, but I´m also not drinking; eating healthily; and attempting some sort of exercise regime.
“Oh, you mean you´re changing your personality!” quipped one friend on gchat. Indeed, I am. Hell, I´ve already changed my name this year. Changing my lifestyle as well shouldn´t be too much of a problem. (Okay, maybe
I´m lying. Or thinking wishfully.)
Whatever, I´m going to give it a go. Sorting out exercise at a yoga/pilates studio from tomorrow – just waiting for them to return my call. But went swimming this evening. And didn´t eat any carbs. Neither did I smoke any cigarettes, nor drink any alcohol, even though my house guest indulged in both these past times.
Verdict of the day: Am generally happy with the start of my campaign, although I did drink too much tea and coffee.
Premonition of the day: This is not going to get any easier.
Question of the day: Is popcorn a carbohydrate? ( I suspect it is, but I might eat some anyway. There´s only so much a girl can deny herself!)
You may have noticed that I´ve changed the name of my blog, again. (But not the url, cos I couldn´t be bothered to go through the palaver.) Let´s face it: “Trinklebean´s travels” was more than a wee bit trite. And Trinny is the new me, or is she?
I thought it was about time for another poll, so my readers can decide this one. What would you like to call me?
The contenders are:
1. Pinny – Actually Pinny Poodle, which I detested. Pim came up with this one because of my short little pins.
2. Reese – I´m glad to say no one has ever called me Reese, no offence to Ms Witherspoon.
3. Tea or Téa – The obvious nickname, I suppose, but I do have to credit ABJ for the very particular spelling. In Liechtenstein, this was varied to Téa, sometimes even Princess Téa.
4. Tess or Tessa – Initially vetoed because the mine were I lived until I was two had a dog called Tess. And I´m not that kind of bitch. Now though I am fairly ambivalent about Tess(a). Strawberries good; suicide bad.
5. Theresa – Mim and Pim picked this one originally. I´m certainly a fan, but it does ask to be shortened.
6. Tree or Trees – From school. I tend not to respond to “Trees are Green” though.
7. Tresa or Tresie – Been around since I was a little girl.
8. Trinks or Trinx – A childhood nickname, resurrected at varsity.
9. Trinny. Kim started calling me this just before I came to Dubai and not hard to guess who inspired her. I´d always assumed it was a nickname for Theresa, but I was wrong. Appears to come from a contraction of St Trinian´s.
10. Trinklebean – Coined by Shennie Pie, this moniker gained popularity a few years ago when I used it as an email address (and now as my blog url).
11. Other – Is there anything else you´ve ever called me, or would like to? Put suggestions in the comment box!