100 reasons why quitting smoking is a very good thing
Even after three weeks, I am finding it difficult to maintain motivation (although I haven´t cracked yet). Personally, I can only think of one reason (see below) why I´m happy I quit smoking, and find it all to easy to come up with like 19 million counter reasons as to why I should quit quitting.
This is why I need your help. Please add a reason in the comment box below, and let´s try to get this list to 100 reasons! Ex-smokers´ input is especially welcome, although I´d like to hear from all of you. Only one reason per person, so make it a good one. No duplication and, if possible, spare us the obvious.
I´ll choose the reasons I like the best and add them to this post, with attribution (although bear in mind I reserve the right to edit your contributions).
1. “When you go out, you can take a tiny, teeny going-out bag, and not have to worry about how to carry your cigs.” – Trinny.
2. “You don’t realise it, but those who don’t smoke can smell you… and you stink, especially when you’ve just come in from smoking outside. And your clothes, too, just hanging in your closet or, worse, my closet. Then we’ll go into your lungs… they stink, too.” – Aman.
3. “The only good thing is that my non-smoking boyfriend doesn’t nag me any more!” – Sharon.
4. “There’s that whole little ´You are reducing your risk of dying of lung cancer and having lungs that look like the Alberta tar sands´ thing…” – Bean.
5. “I can finally justify having a teeth whitening treatment without worrying they will be yellow again if I continue to smoke!” – Flickster.
6. “Because you can find a brilliant substitution delight like biltong, rosemary, suckers, or popcorn.” – Kim.
7. “Wives are not kept waiting or lingering in weird electronics shops so that husbands can smoke outside the mall.” – Shennie Pie.
8. “Your friends who are pregnant, have tiny babies or long hair that holds the smell of smoke can dine with you, without worrying that you might light up.” – Beccy.
9. “I’ve just got Rochelle and Lieze to quit too so there will be no one to smoke with when you get back to SA.” – Al.
10 “Non-smokers will want to kiss you. This means you’re effectively doubling your pool of potential suitors. Better even than being bisexual. Best of all, of course, is being a bisexual non-smoker.” – Moral Squeeze.
Written by Trinny
April 3, 2009 at 20.35
Tagged with 100 reasons why quitting smoking is a very good thing, ABJ, Alberta tar sands, Aman, babies, Bean, Beccy, biltong, bisexual non-smokers, bisexuality, boyfriend, cigarettes, clothes, dying, electronics shops, evening bags, ex-smokers, Flickster, going out, husbands, Kim, kissing, Lieze, Lists, long hair, lung cancer, lungs, malls, nagging, no one to smoke with, non-smoking, popcorn, pregancy, quitting smoking, reasons, Rochelle, rosemary, Sharon, Shennie Pie, smell, smoking, stink, suckers, suitors, teeth whitening, Trinny, waiting, wives
Subscribe to comments with RSS.