Trinny in Dubai
You may have noticed that I´ve changed the name of my blog, again. (But not the url, cos I couldn´t be bothered to go through the palaver.) Let´s face it: “Trinklebean´s travels” was more than a wee bit trite. And Trinny is the new me, or is she?
I thought it was about time for another poll, so my readers can decide this one. What would you like to call me?
The contenders are:
1. Pinny – Actually Pinny Poodle, which I detested. Pim came up with this one because of my short little pins.
2. Reese – I´m glad to say no one has ever called me Reese, no offence to Ms Witherspoon.
3. Tea or Téa – The obvious nickname, I suppose, but I do have to credit ABJ for the very particular spelling. In Liechtenstein, this was varied to Téa, sometimes even Princess Téa.
4. Tess or Tessa – Initially vetoed because the mine were I lived until I was two had a dog called Tess. And I´m not that kind of bitch. Now though I am fairly ambivalent about Tess(a). Strawberries good; suicide bad.
5. Theresa – Mim and Pim picked this one originally. I´m certainly a fan, but it does ask to be shortened.
6. Tree or Trees – From school. I tend not to respond to “Trees are Green” though.
7. Tresa or Tresie – Been around since I was a little girl.
8. Trinks or Trinx – A childhood nickname, resurrected at varsity.
9. Trinny. Kim started calling me this just before I came to Dubai and not hard to guess who inspired her. I´d always assumed it was a nickname for Theresa, but I was wrong. Appears to come from a contraction of St Trinian´s.
10. Trinklebean – Coined by Shennie Pie, this moniker gained popularity a few years ago when I used it as an email address (and now as my blog url).
11. Other – Is there anything else you´ve ever called me, or would like to? Put suggestions in the comment box!